Business Law & Civil Litigation

If I own a business, do I need an employment manual and policies?

Yes. Policies and manuals will set forth expectations and may protect employers in the case of an employment dispute. Our team can assist you in developing such policies and manuals for your employees, no matter the size of your business.

Contact us now to see how we can help.

How do I collect money that is owed from another business or individual?

An attorney can assist you with trying to resolve such issues without litigation. But if that does not work, then a lawsuit may be required to obtain a judgment against the business or individual for money owed or amount due. After a judgment is obtained, collection may be done through garnishment, attachment, foreclosure or other methods. If you are facing such an issue, Steve Combs and his team of lawyers can help guide you through this legal process.

Contact us now to see how we can help.

What should I do if my business is sued?

In Florida, you generally have 20 days from service of a complaint to respond and assert any defenses or counterclaims (unless you are sued in small claims court, in which case the amount of time may differ). No matter what the nature is of the dispute upon which you are sued, filing a timely response can be critical to your case. Steve Combs and his team of lawyers can assist in all aspects of litigation and can advise you regarding potential outcomes.

Contact us now to see how we can help.

What preventative measures can I take to avoid litigation?

Make sure that your contracts and agreements are clear and concise and provide protective language in the event of default or other breach. Our team at Combs Greene will help you prepare good contractual language on the front end, which can often be an effective preventative measure to avoid litigation later.

Contact us now to see how we can help.

How can a lawyer assist my business in a dispute prior to suit?

Our lawyers can explain your rights, the potential outcome of a dispute and work to negotiate a written, final settlement on your behalf.  And, of course, if a settlement is not possible, our lawyers will be there for you every step of the way if litigation is necessary.

Contact us now to see how we can help.

If I own a business, should it be incorporated?

Usually, yes. Forming a business entity for your business can provide certain protections to you personally, as well as to your personal assets. Our team of lawyers can help you determine, along with your CPA or other appropriate accounting professional, what type of business entity should be formed.

Contact us now to see how we can help.

Get In Touch

Call us at (904) 359-5505
E-mail us at
Or leave us a message on the form below.

Please leave this field empty.

Visit Us

3217 Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207

Call Us

(904) 359-5505

Fax Us

(904) 359-5506

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

†AV® Rated is the highest rating a lawyer can achieve with Martindale-Hubbell. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.

Combs Greene