Family Law


When a parent required to pay support fails to do so, the Court may enforce child support in a number of ways, including, if certain factors are present, holding the parent in contempt, which can result in incarceration.  A Court may only put the parent who fails to pay child support in jail, however, if the Court finds that the parent has the ability at that time to pay some amount of support, and if the parent is jailed, then they may obtain their release from jail by paying that amount of support.  This is called a “purge” amount.

If the other parent is not paying child support, or if you have not paid your support and the other parent is trying to enforce the payments, we can assist you in determining all of your options.

Contact us today for a consultation to see how we can help  or . . .

Visit these pages to learn more
Get In Touch

Call us at (904) 359-5505
E-mail us at
Or leave us a message on the form below.

Please leave this field empty.

Visit Us

3217 Atlantic Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32207

Call Us

(904) 359-5505

Fax Us

(904) 359-5506

The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This website is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship. We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.

†AV® Rated is the highest rating a lawyer can achieve with Martindale-Hubbell. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.

Combs Greene